The Lege Cap Ferret Peninsula is made up of:
- 10 villages : (from north to south) Lege and Grand Crohot, Claouey, Le Four, Les Jacquets, Petit and Grand Piquey, Piraillan, Le Canon, L'Herbe, La Vigne and Cap Ferret
- 4500 hectares of forests of maritime pine trees
- 25 km of beach at the ocean and on Arcachon bay
- 52 km of bikes paths in Lege and more than 220 km including those around the Arcachon Bay
- Many beaches both wild on the ocean side and peaceful on the Arcachon Bay side: see here
To get there it is nice to take the path of "L'Abécédaire des Dunes" located at the entrance of Cap Ferret (Allée des Dunes).
This path allows you to enjoy a magnificent view of the Dune, the Ocean and the Banc d'Arguin.
From the top of its 53m and 258 steps a grand panorama awaits you: oyster beds, Bird Island, Dune du Pilat and Ocean and in the lighthouse park you will find a blockhouse, refurnished as originally, as well as a path botanical.
More information : www.Phareducapferet.com
Protected natural site at the exit of the village of Grand Piquey where you can discover and observe the flora and fauna, including gray herons, black kites, swans and sometimes foxes.