Le Grand Crohot is a place apart, located in the heart of a superb maritime pine forest and surrounded by dunes which form a real protective screen.
The Grand Crohot is mainly inhabited during the summer period.
A few kilometers away are the town of Lege and the small typical villages of Cap Ferret with all their amenities (supermarkets, shops, markets, etc.).
Le Grand Crohot Océan is not a village in the strict sense: there is no church, nor really housing, and no shops other than those offered by the campsite and the 2 bars nearby.
It is the starting point for many cycle paths that are traced in the heart of the forest, and each route is an opportunity to enjoy the fabulous landscape of pines and dunes, without ever hearing the slightest noise from the car.
Cycling also provides access to secret beaches, which are rarely visited even in high season.
You can for example leave in the morning by bike from the campsite to visit Cap-Ferret, take a ride on a small train, taste oysters and visit Arcachon thanks to the maritime shuttle, all in the same day!
In the evening you will generally fall asleep to the sound of the wind in the branches of the trees and in the morning you will wake up to the sound of the waves of the Ocean.
Be careful, however, in high season, Le Grand Crohot comes alive and, even if it is much quieter than the major tourist resorts, the beach is nevertheless very crowded, and the bars and restaurants located in the vicinity offer musical evenings that 'hear from the campsite.
There is also a campsite reserved for Police (Fondation Maison de la Gendarmerie).
A superb sandy beach for swimming, sunbathing, making sand castles, walking with your feet in the water, enjoying...
The beach is watched daily during the summer month, guaranteeing you a carefree stay.
You like to be alone: at the bend of a bend you will discover a small path which will lead you on a virgin beach of any visitor, you will then be able to contemplate the magic of the Ocean, its colors and its tides.
It is possible to practice freely or take lessons thanks to the local providers:
- La Maison du Surf Club de la Presqu'ile : www.surfingcapferret.com
- L'Ecole de Surf du Bassin L'Andade : www.ecoledesurfdubassin.com
- L'Ecole de Surf ESGC : www.ecole-surf-grand-crohot.com
- Le Sea life : qhich offers Surf and gliding equipment rental
Eat or spend an evening with a musical atmosphere:
- Le Stop Eat : Snacking offering roast chickens, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, pancakes, waffles…
- La Madrague : Traditional restaurant offering mussels and fries evenings.
- Le SeaLife : Bar and Snacking offering musical evenings and concerts.
Walk and discover the nature:
- Le Grand Crohot is the starting point for a huge network of bikes paths : see here
- Discover the preserved wild flora and fauna
- practice your favorite sport in a unique setting: yoga, jogging, orienteering, etc.